Search This Blog

Monday, January 02, 2006

Guilty Pleasures…

This is the last day of the “Non-Generic Festive Holiday” vacation before tackling 4th grade tomorrow. Tomorrow promises to be rain, more rain followed by even more rain. This means I’m going to be stuck with the kids ALL day.

I better have plans in place to deal with the restless crowd. All the expert “guest teacher” advisors tell us to carry emergency plans, appropriate grade level “fun activity” work sheets and advice books with games they can play in class during rainy day sessions.

I’m not going to do any of that. I’m confidant the teacher left me some stuff. Instead, I spent the day indoors and succumbed to a guilty pleasure.

I am intrigued by stupendously bad movies so when one comes along that has a promising title, I can’t resist. I spent a couple of hours watching last night’s tivo’ed network broadcast movie "Killer Klowns From Outer Space". One of the best lines comes from a security guard: “Just what are you going to DO with those pies, boys?”

While it IS a contender for one of the worst movies I have ever seen, it comes in at distant fourth because some parts of it are actually funny.

My ALL time favorite worst movie list:

#1 pick "Eraserhead"

#2 pick "She Freak"

#3 pick from the famed bad movie director Edward D. Wood Jr. "Plan 9 From Outer Space".

If you think you have a contender, use the comments section and let me know your favorite worst movie of all time.

P.S. And if you don’t mind, please save the funniest show on FOX by signing the online petition at http://www.saveourbluths.com/

1 comment:

Patti said...

Phantom of the Opera