Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

What's Your Excuse?...

Found the following on the web:

Excerpts from a collection of actual excuse notes from parents (including spelling) from the Office of Educational Assessment at the University of Washington.

“Please excuse Tommy for being absent yesterday. He had diarrhea and his boots leak...”

“Please excuse Jimmy for being. It was his father's fault...”

“Please excuse Jennifer for missing school yesterday. We forgot to get the Sunday paper off the porch, and when we found it Monday, we thought it was Sunday…”

“My daughter was absent yesterday because she was tired. She spent a weekend with the Marines...”

“Gloria was absent yesterday as she was having a gangover…”

Full list here: http://www.strangeplaces.net/weirdthings/excuses.html

1 comment:

leesepea said...

Working as a long-term sub in an eighth grade classroom, I got plenty of strange messages on tardy slips, including the following (spelling mistakes and all):

Took Anthony to the doctor. He fell and hurt his uncle.

I had to walk my bruther to school because my mom was sick.

I felt like slepping in.

We thought Friday was the last day of school

Kids can be creative. Sometimes I think the parents don't really care.