Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Getting Ready To Go…

School starts sometime in August (I think). I’ll probably have to figure out exactly which day at some point but first things first.

I logged on the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing site to pay the yearly renewal fee that allows me to work for the 2011/12 school year. I work ½ the first day assignment of the year to recoup that fee and it isn’t even tax deductible.
Ready to go…

I got one of the cars back after getting some needed repairs. That’s another 10 days of subbing to pay for.
Ready to go…

I browsed a few of my favorite edu-blogger sites to see if I should read up on stuff I should already know. Joanne Jacobs had something interesting about geography for 4th, 8th and 12th graders. It’s been more that 40yrs since I was in a geography class, so I took the all three tests to see if I still knew anything. I got 100% on all three.
Ready to go…

See how you rate here:
http://www.nationsreportcard.gov/geography_2010/sample_quest.asp

2 comments:

Michael said...

I wonder how I would have done on those tests.
~Michael
www.thecolorofsound.edublogs.org

Heather said...

I'm glad I'm not the only sub who counts expenditures by days of subbing needed to pay for it.