Search This Blog

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Mrs. HOMEWORK?…

As most seasoned readers of this blog know, I use the alias “Mr. HOMEWORK” at the schools I substitute. It works for me as part of an accidentally discovered classroom management technique.

If I tell the kids to call me “MR. HOMEWORK!!” it plants a subconscious seed that misbehavior in class might result in extra work at home. Works for me!

So imagine my surprise, Monday, when some the kids came running up as I was unlocking the door to tell me: “Guess what? Mrs. Homework was here last week!”

Knowing that my wife isn’t in the subbing business and has absolutely no desire EVER to do so, I assured them that they must have been mistaken. I didn’t even know how they would have recognized her since she’s never been near any of the local schools since I started subbing.

“No, no! We had a sub last week and she said we should call her Mrs. Homework!” They then ran off, without disclosing any further details.

Well, that IS an interesting development. Maybe we’ll encounter each other some day on campus and I can uncover the back story to the mysterious “Mrs. Homework”. If it happens, I'll let you know.

2 comments:

The MAN Fan Club said...

That is funny. Do they also call you coach since you are a man?

Anonymous said...

That's just hilarious!