Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

The First Impressions SA …

G4

Even though the class didn’t earn (they were close!) the extra homework essay assignment today, one fourth grader asked if she could write the “SA” anyway.

Any kid that wants to write anything is a winner in my book, so she spent the last 15mins of silent reading time composing the following:


It’s true.

I don’t laugh very much…in school.

I don’t smile a lot…in school.

But, outside of school I’m a real fun guy. Just ask my grandkids.

5 comments:

NYC Educator said...

That's really funny. Thanks for posting it.

rattln along said...

The truth spoken from a child. I wonder what prompted her writing this to you. Perhaps, she was concerned about you and wanted to know that you are not an angry man.

How did you get the name "Mr. Homework"?

KauaiMark said...

Rattln,

I adapted the idea from here:
http://kauaimark.blogspot.com/2004/10/last-tursdays-assignment-6th-grade.html

...and acquired the nickname here:
http://kauaimark.blogspot.com/2005/02/letter.html

Click on the label: "MrHomework" in the Labels list for more references

EmilyJane said...

This grandkid surely thinks so! It's especially fun to pinch/poke his cheeks and watch him make funny faces. 8^)

Anonymous said...

Papa is the best! He's great fun to have over for a playdate