Search This Blog

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Substitute Teacher Credential Rip-off…

One of the irksome facets of substitute teaching in California, is that I have to renew my “Emergency 30-Day Substitute Teacher Permit” each year to be eligible to work. The renewal fee is about ½ a day’s pay.

I have to pay THEM for the privilege of working and it’s not even deductible.


rattln along said...

Are you sure that it is not deductable? Professional fees are I believe. I am not a Tax Professional nor do I play one on TV.

Anonymous said...

In Colorado, because I have a master's degree, I have a three-year substitute credential. If I had anything less than a master's, I'd have to renew it each year.