Search This Blog

Thursday, May 03, 2007

This Week’s Fine Whines…

Do we gotta?
What are we doing now?
What are we gonna do next?
We already did that!
The teacher doesn’t do it that way!

Can I go to the bathroom?
Can I get a drink?

I don’t get it!
I STILL don’t get it!
What page are we on?

It’s almost time for recess!
Can we have extra recess time?
It’s almost time for lunch!
You know we go to lunch early, right?

Do we hafta ___?
Why do we hafta ___?

He hit me!
She won’t stop bothering me!
He said a bad word!
What homework were we s’posta do?

I don’t have anything to read!
I don’t wanna read!
It’s too hard!
This book is boring!

I don’t have a pencil!
I don’t have a piece of paper!
How many sentences does the paragraph have to be?
Can we work in groups? (Followed by…) Why not??
Is this going to count?

Did you just write my name down?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are sooooo correct! I just finished a two-day stint with 7th graders and I WISH I had a nickel for each time one of them uttered these statements!

HappyChyck said...

I'm so sorry. I was out of my classroom two days this week. I could always hope my students weren't like this... The big one you probably would have missed for my students is: "Can I go to the restroom?"

Law and Order Teacher said...

This is my nightmare for subs in my classes. I am sure these were younger kids, but they sound suspiciously like the high school kids I teach. Every time I have a sub I feel a little guilty. Sorry.

KauaiMark said...

Well to be fair, it wasn't all one class.

It's a comp from four classes grade 4th to 6th.

tripleZmom said...

Oh God bless you, I just had a flashback to my subbing days. I think I need an Excedrin now.

Anonymous said...

I love that you ended with "Did you just write my name down?"

The one joy I get from whining is I can make my Spanish classes do it in a foreign language, or the whine is forbidden.