Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

More Worthless Coins...

Posted by Picasa

My stash of "worthless coins" to hand out at school was running low so I asked my buddies, still in the industry, if they'd like to donate to my stash.

Since they frequent overseas companies on a regular basis I figure they might run across a fair amount of "low status" (meaning something less than a nickle) coins in their travels.

Since I don't know Chinese, I'm finding it hard to locate a web site to identify the three coins above.

Is that "100" coin indeed under the $0.05 limit for worthless status? How about the rest?

I already attempted google for pictures of Chinese coins without luck for the modern coin variety. If anyone knows, a posted comment or email would be helpful.

5 comments:

coinsnpaper said...

Top two are Korean , and the top one is worth aboout 10 cents (little less). The bottom one is from Taiwan , and is worth about 3 cents.

KauaiMark said...

Thanks, Dave

Then info about the coind being Korean was enough for me to find the info I was looking for.

..Mark

Fred said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, Mark.

KauaiMark said...

Same to you and yours, Fred.

I'd leave a comment over on your blog but "New Beta Blogger" won't let me comment on "Old Blogger" blogs without the annon comments enabled.

So..hope you see it here!

The MAN Fan Club said...

Good luck. Might try a coin dealer?