Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Hoop Hoppin Day...

E13-5

I subbed for two (maybe three) different 5th grade classes today.

I arrived to what I thought was a regular 5th grade assignment to find that the teacher I was subbing for was only going to be out for an hour “observing” another rookie 5th grade teacher.

During my “hour job”, the red faced principal walks in and, without preamble, reads the class the riot act about fighting on campus! He cancels soccer, football, four-square, wall ball any other competitive recess games for an indeterminate period of time.

“Pardon the interruption” as he storms off to the class next door.

The word from the kids that two kids got into a fist fight and now all the 4th, 5th, and 6th grades are affected.

After that hour, I was moved to the rookie’s class for the rest of the day while HE went “observing” in other classes.

I just get started with this class when, half the rookie’s class leaves and switches with another class for the reading lesson.

After reading I have the intact group reassembled for one lesson before the WHOLE class leaves and are replaced by a mix of other 5th grade classes for a science video.

The last 15min of class, rookie returns to post the homework and releases me early to go home.

Whew! What a day!

Did I forget to mention that there was a rumored “earthquake drill” also scheduled?

During drill, I’m supposed to get “my” class safely out of the building and take roll to see who might be missing and still in the building.

With the mixed up “Who’s IN-OUT” day I had today, I was grateful the drill was canceled due to weather.

1 comment:

The MAN Fan Club said...

No earthquake drills here. We did have an unannounced Lockdown drill Friday and for the 2nd time this year our Principal screws up the ALL CLEAR over the P.A. system.