Search This Blog

Saturday, April 19, 2008

The SubSeeToot Is Back!...

The teacher went off to get married and I’ve just completed the first half of this six day assignment in “The Beatles” 6th grade class where “Beatle Paul” implored his teacher to not to have me “subseetoot” for her any more.

To review, “Beatles” are four of the worst boys in this class who just happened to be named George, Paul, John and something close to “Ringo”. It saves time and effort just to call out “Beatles! Knock it OFF!” every now and again.

Not much has changed with this class except that “Paul” seems to have gone off to tour solo in another class. “George” and “John” seemed to have “got religion” and crossed over from the dark side to be pretty decent kids. That just leaves just the remaining Beatle, “Ringo”, to deal with this week.

Unfortunately, Ringo seems to have started a new band with a new kid named after one of the puppets on “Sesame Street”. I’ll just call him “Ernie” for the purposes of confidential privacy. Ringo and Ernie are quite a pair. They spend all day goofing off and trying to compete with each other to see who can get me to lose my cool the fastest.

Today’s winner was Ringo.

I sent him off to the office with an essay assignment to complete in the principals office. With a knowing look in Ernie’s direction, the rest of the day went better. Not great, just better.

I found this essay on the internet so I can’t claim authorship but I did add the special instructions touch marked in “red” to make it a little bit more of a grammar exercise

...but mostly to make it take longer.

(Click to enlarge)



7 comments:

CatNFiddle said...

Your little tweak to Sunshine State's essay is just delicious! Good luck with Sesame Street, and here's to hoping Cookie Monster doesn't make an appearance.

The Vegas Art Guy said...

That was great. Sounds like you have things much more in control.

Unknown said...

Love the twist on bands versus just making up false names to cover the behind on confidentiality.

I love these types of essays!

Let's just hope the Sesame Street gang doesn't start gaining in numbers.

Other Mother said...

Love this writing assignment!

rattln along said...

sure beats the 100 times sentences that I had to do when I was a student. I would set up a pattern and then take three pencils taped and spaced together to write three lines at a time. I know I know... I should just stayed in my seat and kept my mouth shut but then I would not have invented the multi-writer. :)

CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

I've lifted this essay and I'll be using it in my classroom very soon--perhaps tomorrow!

KauaiMark said...

If anyone else wants a copy (MS/Word format, sorry), email and I'll return an attached copy...