Search This Blog

Thursday, April 03, 2008

Candidate I Dislike the Least...

"I owe, I owe (no tax refund for me...) so off to work I go..."

I don't normally wander too much off topic with this blog and try to avoid presidential politics at all costs, but am I the only one who doesn't like ANY of the next White House tenants for 2009?

So with that in mind, I found this item excerpt on Carpe Diem (see the "must reads" blog roll at left), that just might sway my vote for the "candidate I dislike the least":

"...Mrs. Clinton of New York the 13th top pork spender in the Senate, far outpacing Democratic rival Sen. Barack Obama who ranked 28th and sent his home state of Illinois about $97 million in pork. The presumptive Republican presidential nominee, Sen. John McCain of Arizona, as usual secured no pork projects."

2 comments:

The Vegas Art Guy said...

I can't wait for McCain to pull that little gem out in November. He hates pork as much as we hate disruptive kids in the classroom if not more. Glad to see you're feeling better.

Law and Order Teacher said...

That is certainly a point the Dems are going to have to deal with soon. Additionally, I heard report that Obama's massive fund raising features individual donations from employees of those industries Dems attack the most, such Big Drug, Big Oil, Big Tobacco etc. McCain has taken them on and it has cost him some support from their rank and file.