Search This Blog

Thursday, September 14, 2006

What Does It Take – Part II…

OG12-G6

I have a short memory. If I had a better memory I wouldn’t have accepted this class that remembered me from last year.

They were acting out, disruptive, loud and obnoxious then. Today seemed even worse, if that is at all possible. And today was only a half day assignment!

It was not so much the ten girls in the class, it was the remaining twenty boys that fed off each other all afternoon and pushed my buttons at every opportunity.

The worst part is that this is a two day assignment. I have to go back again tomorrow! For a FULL WHOLE @#$@%@#!!! DAY!

I wonder if substitute teachers can call in “sick”. In any case I’m going to be sure to make a notation in my district schools map to redline this school for the rest of the year….and maybe next year also.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

By all means tell the school you don't want the assignment tomorrow. I have done that many times. It tells the authorities at the school that there is a problem in that particular class that needs to be addressed. No need for you to worry about what to do in such a class. Just tell them you thought about it and that class does not meet your minimum requirements for respect as a substitute teacher.

CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

The life of a sub sucks. That's why I'm now a full-time teacher.

KauaiMark said...

I was REAL tempted to bail on Friday (I didn't). To make matters worse, three of the best schools (student behaviour wise) called on Thurs night and Friday morning.

I don't see how the regular teacher (they seem to be the same with her) can put up with it for a WHOLE YEAR let alone a single day.