One of the advantages of working as a substitute teacher is that I don’t have to ask for or get approval to take time off. I’m just “not available” to the calling system.
As we aren’t frequent visitors to Vegas (this trip makes twice), it’s always interesting to note differences from our usual environment.
- Don't take any cards from strangers on the street -- especially if your wife is with you.
- Alcohol seems to impair hearing because drunk people talk loud.
- Buy tobacco stocks, there doesn't seem to be any shortage of smokers.
- I played $3 in the slots. Lost it all. Maybe it's a rip off.
- There appears to be more pawn shops per square mile than anywhere else in the country.
- People seem a lot more normal as distance from the Vegas Strip increases.
- There really IS a desert out there. Red Rock Canyon is beautiful this time of year.
- Almost everything is a dam joke at the Hoover Dam.
- Dam that bridge is high. We walked across it both ways. We had to. The eastern end is a dead end.
The world didn't end as predicted the day before we got there