Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Substitute Teacher Performance Reviews...

Every job I’ve had included some sort of  “performance review” process to let you know where you stood in the ranks of fellow job holders. The results of the review determine pay raises, bonus, a promotion or in some cases a layoff notice. As far as I know, the only profession(s) where this doesn’t happen is the self employed and substitute teachers.

But then again…

(Found this on the desk after the 3rd graders left for the day...)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should frame that and keep in in a place where you can see it when you answer those calls from the schools that are not your favorite ones at which to "subsatude". There really are some perks to doing this service.

Veronica Chase said...

This is awesome! I love little notes and pictures from students, but I haven't had the pleasure of getting a signed thank you from an entire class. Cool!

Anonymous said...

You just know that the teacher has trained her students well.

HappyChyck said...

Wow! That is special! That's the kind of performance review all teachers appreciate!

Anonymous said...

I, too, am a substitute and have received my share of this kind of "kid kudo." They are more precious to me than any formal evaluation could ever be. I especially like when I am asked, "Are you coming back tomorrow?" When I say, "No, I will be at another school tomorrow," the reply is a collective, "Awwwww."