Search This Blog

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Beware Field Trips With Teenagers...

I've only been on one field trip as a substitute teacher and I've always felt a bit uneasy when the kids are "off the reservation" so to speak and here's one reason why...

____________________
From: CBS San Francisco
http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2011/03/10/teen-survives-plunge-off-golden-gate-bridge/
 ----
...An eleventh-grade student from Windsor High School survived a plunge off San Francisco’s famed Golden Gate Bridge on Thursday...Officials don't think the boy was trying to commit suicide, but said it was possible he jumped as a result of a dare by fellow classmates...

(see the link for the full story)

3 comments:

Shena said...

Crazy Guy!

Karen Greenberg said...

Okay, now I'm REALLY not going on field trips as a substitute! I'm not looking forward to field trips as a regular classroom teacher, either.

chrissyrudd said...

Best field trips I've ever taken:
1. 22 4th graders to the Museum of Fine Art in Boston (They were awesome! I was very proud of them!)
2. 18 7th graders walking the entire length of the Freedom Trail in Boston. (Again, rockstars! And we came back with everyone!)

However, if one of my students jumped off a bridge because he was dared, if the jump didn't kill him...! How stupid.