Search This Blog

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Good Class In a Not So Good Neighborhood…

G5

I sub at this school maybe 3-4 times a year. I believe that the last time I was here, the police had just nabbed a guy that lived in the apartments bordering the school for murdering his girlfriend and dumping the body at the city landfill.

As we were coming up to the first recess, a man entered from a connecting classroom and ran out our door.

“Uhh…Who was THAT?”, I asked the kids. “That’s Jesse the janitor”, they answered with no further explanation.

A bit later there is an announcement that recess will be delayed until further notice and that the teachers are to keep the kids in the classroom until otherwise informed.

It seems that a kid (teenager) from the neighborhood was kicked out of his house and decided to take a nap…on the school field. When asked to leave, he replied: “That ain’t gonna happen” and went back to sleep. That was when the police were called to haul his ass away.

I found this out in the teachers lounge at lunch from the teacher that tried to get the kid to leave without involving the police. He told me that police actions like this happen on campus two or three times a year.

2 comments:

Ann aka ButDoctorIHatePink said...

It's amazing what can even happen in a nice, middle-class school.

Remember me? I'm Middle School Secretary, now blogging a different topic, butdoctorihatepink.blogspot.com.

KauaiMark said...

Yep! I remember you...