Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Do You Know About Girls?

I’m in the last week of the current school year subbing in a 4th/5th combo class. I’m riding herd on 28 kids with no lessons being given. Indoor movies or outside field games dominate the lesson plans for this final week.

During one outside activity with three other classes, one 4th grader boy from a different class comes up and asks: “Do you know about girls?”

I’m pretty sure I misheard his request and asked him to repeat the question. I’m not sure why he’s asking me about this subject. Maybe I’m the oldest adult he knows at school and figures age wise, I might be the best source of “girl information”.

There are a lot of potentially problematic mine fields with a loaded question like that but until I know more…

K4: Do you know about girls?
Me: Uhhh. I know some things. What specifically do you want to know?
(If it’s what I think, he’s going to have to ask ‘Mom or Dad’ or wait till they cover that next year in health class.)

K4: About dancing…
Me: Ok, What about dancing?

K4: I’m supposed to dance with a girl.
Me: …and?

K4: Do you know how to ‘Tango’?
Me: Actually, no. Does your Mom know how to ‘Tango’?

K4: Yea, she does.
Me: I suggest you talk to Mom when you get home. I'm sure she'll help you out.

(Whew!)

2 comments:

Sladed said...

You just never know what they're going to say, do you?

The Vegas Art Guy said...

Looks like you need some dancing lessons!