Search This Blog


Sunday, June 29, 2008

Final Tally: 2007-08...

I worked a grand total of 79 classroom subbing days for the just ended 2007-08 school year.

This was working for a single district with 15 elementary schools. Surprisingly, 51 of those subbing days (65 %!!) were for a single school in the district. Two schools monopolized 69/79 (87%) of my jobs.

Not sure if it’s good or bad to be seen so infrequently at the other 13 schools.

Something to think about this next year.


Super Sub said...

You made me go check out my stats for the year.

In total I worked 100 days. This more than double last year.

I only went to 6 different elementary schools in the same district.

School A (my daughter's school)
I worked 54 days.
School B - 36 days
School C - 6 days
School D - 2 days
School E - 1 day
School F - 1 day

The last two schools I just started going to so I don't know anyone there yet. With School D I knew the teacher going in but she was nice in not asking me back to her awful class. (she said she liked me too much for that)

I got 90% of my jobs from the schools I love the most. I spent a lot of time at my daughter's school volunteering. Being seen got me more jobs. The other school I just got more repeat business and jobs because I was more visible and talked to everyone. The secretary also put me on the favorites list so I get called before a lot of others.

It was a really busy year. I can't wait to see what the new year will bring!

The MAN Fan Club said...

We definitely have a "preferred" sub list that we are supposed to use IF we know we are going to be out. Every once in a while you have to let the computerized system land you a sub and then it is a 50/50 thing. If one or 2 schools keep you busy then they like the job you do. Nice knowing school protocol too!