Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Thank You …

I have on occasion left the windows down in the car parked in the driveway or have forgotten to close the garage door over night without things being missing the next day.

Not so this time.

To the guy (or guys) who visited my garage sometime in the wee hours of Saturday morning to “borrow” my air compressor, rolling tool box and power tools:

Thank You!

Thanks for not taking either car parked in the garage. (I suppose you might have thought about it if I had left the keys on the seat.)

Thanks for not trashing the rest of the garage just for the hell of it.

Thanks for taking care to not damage either car while rolling my tool box between the cars.

Thanks for reminding me that I need to be more vigilant about locking up at night.

If you do grow out of this phase of your life and become an upstanding citizen, maybe you’ll apply for a teaching position, a job that requires a security clearance or something else that requires a background security check.

The police think they got a few good prints from a second tool box you looked into but didn’t take so maybe someday I can “thank you” in person.

I certainly hope so…

3 comments:

Manoj | മനോജ്‌ said...

Mark, So sorry to hear about your loss. Thank goodness they didn't do any more damage to your place.

I believe in "karma", so I know they will pay for this...

Law and Order Teacher said...

I've investigated a few of these "visits." My thoughts always were that I wished the owners had a big dog that they forgot to chain and he would get up close and personal with the visitors. I used to love watching the police dogs track the thieves. We caught quite a few. It was even better when the thieves would show their true stupidity and challenge the dog to a fight. One hundred pound dogs don't take kindly to abuse from strangers. You gotta love justice when you see it in person. Remember this through your anger, things can be replaced. I seen quite a few times that people were injured by these thugs. Here's rooting for my former colleagues to be successful in their endeavor to bring you justice.

The Vegas Art Guy said...

Any luck on getting to thank them face to face? Maybe for punishment they could try to teach the kid in your least favorite school post...