Lots of substitute call activity this morning:
1) 05:50 I missed this first call. By the time I fumbled the phone off the hook and realized the phone was switched to the second line, the answering machine downstairs had taken a message and sub system had hung up..
2) 06:30 First grade class assignment would have been “ok” except the teacher attempted to leave a verbal sub plan on the special instructions part of the recording which included the first three digits of her cell phone number to contact her if I needed anything before the sub line recording cut the rest of it off. I interpret this to mean there is no written lesson plan available today. Pass.
3) 06:40 Call from my shit listed school. Hang up before even finding out what class assignment it was.
4) 07:10 Duplicate call for #2. Evidentially all the other subs turned down the “audio lesson plan” teacher and the system had run through the entire sub list without any takers. Pass for a second time.
5) 07:30 Call for the same school as call #2 and #4 but for grade 3 starting at . Does this indicate an attempt for a “bait-n-switch”? Show up for grade three and get the phoned in lesson plan grade 1 assignment?
So today after passing on the first four calls of the morning, I had a great day with this third grade class. The only thing of blog worthiness was the dark haired girl in the front with a loose tooth giving me hourly updates on its attachment status. She finally pushed it loose toward the end of class.
I asked what the going rate for tooth fairy collections was; she told me it was $5 !!
I took an informal poll with the rest of the kids asking what the going rate was at their house.
A good number of kids informed me that they get $10/per!! Others informed me that they get $20/per if it’s a “silver tooth”!!
This last rate coming from kids whose dental work seems to have been done outside the
Most of the kids verified that $1 was the median going rate for dental exchange in their home.
This must have a shocker of a news bulletin for the one little girl who told me she only gets twenty-five cents.