Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

ADD or Class Clowns?

Assignment: Day 2 of the same 5th Grade

Today went pretty much like yesterday only an hour shorter. Short day on Tuesdays.

The “other” teacher came in after class. Evidentially, two teachers switch off teaching this class. She had just come back from her Mediterranean cruise vacation and was scheduled for tomorrow’s class.

She asked me how I did with the ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) kids. I must have looked a little surprised because I didn’t realize that the same “challenging” students described by the first teacher were also the ADD students indicated by her partner.

Funny. I wouldn’t have labeled any of these kids with what I thought was a serious disorder like ADD.

If this is what ADD is, then I know a few guys that we used to know as “class clowns” that would have qualified.

No comments: