Search This Blog

Saturday, January 16, 2016

Worms??


A busy New Year has begun. I just finished yesterday, working day 6 of the 11 days currently scheduled for January 2016.

As I passed through the teachers' lounge on the way to the restroom, there was a full bowl full of leftover New Year's (Christmas?) foil wrapped chocolates on one of the lunch tables with a handwritten note "help yourself" attached.

I picked up one, unwrapped and ate it whole before heading off to "important business".

Exiting the restroom, back through the lounge, I overheard the following snippet of conversation between two teachers, one of which was pointing at the bowl.

T1: She said she bit into one and it had little worms wriggling inside.
T2: REALLY??!!
T1: Yea, little white worms...
T2: Yuck!

I stopped dead in my tracks and turned around now instantly feeling a bit queasy. "Did I hear you say someone found worms in these chocolates? I just ate one!"

T1: Oh...not these chocolates. I was talking about someone I know who bought the same brand for a birthday party last year. These are ok.

On my way back to the classroom, I tried to convince myself that the chocolate was 'ok'.  And even if?....well, worms are just another form of protein.

Right?

4 comments:

Charly Marlowe said...

The problem is that as teachers, we're so thrilled that someone is leaving food for us to scrounge that we don't question it. Until we do.

Josue Ivan Gonzalez Gutierrez said...

I am wishing the best for you!

sapna said...

LOL, if you are a non-vegetarian, it should not bother you much whether there were worms in the chocolates or not, after all flesh is flesh..

diane answers said...

Funny! But a few worms won't hurt you - your stomach acid will kill 'em.