Search This Blog

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Switching It Up....



One of the assignments I had last week was "roving sub" for 26 teachers over two consecutive days at the same school.  

Twenty-minute slots in 26 classrooms while the teachers had to attend some kind of "coaching meeting". Twenty minutes isn't really enough time to do more than monitor the class with what they were already doing when I walked in. In one of the Kinder classes, the teacher told me to just read them a book from the classroom library.

After having several selected choices rejected as "we already read that one", I picked up "The Three Little Pigs" and sat down and read them my inverted rendition of: 
 The Three Little Wolves and The Big Bad Piggy.

Imagine my surprise when composing this blog post that a book with that title already exists. I should probably get a copy for my sub bag.


2 comments:

Mrs. Barton's First Grade said...

LOVE that book!!! And as it happens, it was ALWAYS in my "sub bag" back when that was my gig over 15 years ago. Now, it is a staple in my classroom every year. Buy it; it's well worth the purchase price. :)

LSquared32 said...

And if you like inverted fairy tales, you should also check out Somebody and the Three Blairs (very funny).