Search This Blog

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Friday 4th Grade...



You sometimes hear some interesting noteworthy comments coming from elementary students. By noteworthy I mean offbeat enough to jot down the comment for a blog post.

The setting is 4th grade class last Friday. The assignment, "Write a letter to this week's Star Student" as practice in the craft of "letter writing"

Personally, I have never been fond of assignments like this. It is only the third day of school and I can assume that not everyone in the class even knows the person to whom they are writing. I know I would find it a difficult to write a "friendly letter" to someone I hardly know so I can sympathize when I heard the start of a 4th grader meltdown when a boy in the back row wailed:

"I'm an illustrator, not a writer!!"

No comments: