Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Easing Back Into Routine...



The first week(s) after a long break can be unpredictable when it comes to class discipline issues. In some classes, it takes a week or two to get back into the rhythm of the classroom and expected student behavior. Sometimes you get lucky and they come back enthused about school.

School resumed Monday (1/7) after the two week Christmas break. I worked Monday (3rd grade) and again today (5th grade). In both instances, I had absolutely no discipline or behavior issues.

The 3rd graders made me laugh And I had a lot of fun.

The 5th graders didn't really need me to be there today. The teacher has them pretty well self-motivated to run the class with minimal help from an adult. Class officers do the morning accounting of attendance, lunch count and homework checking. Various class officers are trained and eager to run parts of the teacher's lesson plan involving the daily work assignments.

My involvement today was limited to giving a spelling test and explaining a few of the word problems in Math.

All in all, a great start for 2013!

No comments: