Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Don’t Call Us, We’ll Call You…

Well, it is two weeks into the new school year and I’m surprised to report that I AM getting calls to work. Even though I still can’t call in to the substitute system for any assignments, I have been getting called almost every day from the system for work.

I have heard through the grapevine that most of the RIF’ed teachers have been rehired into other schools or different positions so the competition pool is lessening. Assignments are more than trickling down to the “on call only” substitutes. At this point, I believe that I’m working more at this time of the year than previous years.

I still don’t like the fact that I can’t call in to plan my week more than a day or two in advance, but maybe that restriction will disappear as the year progresses.

3 comments:

Veronica Chase said...

That's amazing news! Good for you!

Kat said...

A similar situation is happening in the Seattle area. They stoppped hiring substitutes to open up opportunities for RIF teachers to sub but many are being hired back. I found sub jobs (they let us check into the online system here thank God) BEFORE school started.

Betty said...

Wow, that's a good news. It's great you had the opportunity again. Good luck and have a wonderful teaching career.