Search This Blog

Friday, March 20, 2009

Truth About Poop …

If things go right, nothing malfunctions, the kids are terrific and I end the day non-stressed and happy, does that make for an uninteresting blog entry?

If so, well…too bad!

These 4th graders were fun to be with today. The lesson plan was clear; the kids responded well to direction; were cooperative and happy; and as a result, made a stress free day for me.

At the end of the day, I rewarded them by reading a few interesting facts from a book I found on the teachers desk: “The Truth About Poop”. Even I learned something new today.

For example: Did you know wolverines will poop on a leftover meal to discourage other animals from scavenging it before they come back to finish it?

Me neither! Who knew? I feel compelled to discover more truths about poop and I will get to do just that.

I sub the same class again on Monday! I almost feel guilty about getting paid for today. Note I did say “almost”.

5 comments:

Sladed said...

Now THAT'S what I call educational! How could you not read some of that book after the fine day you had?!

CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

Who knew that poop could be interesting? (Oh, I forget: Kids have always known that!)

Betty said...

I think my grandsons would love that book. As a sub, it's awesome to have a great day. They make up for the more challenging assignments.:)

Anonymous said...

Hello!

I googled, "substitute for poop" and you can up 1st! Thought you'd like to know.

KauaiMark said...

Anon,

It's nice to be "first" in something!

Thanks for visiting