Search This Blog

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Winter Break…

I was previously scheduled for only Monday and Thursday (same school) this past week before winter break. But it didn’t turn out that way. Either checking into or out of the school office every day, they had additional requests from teachers for me.

I ended up subbing every day this week for two 3rd grades classes, one 2nd and two 5th grade classes. Additionally, I’m already assigned to two classes the first week they come back.

Random items of note from this past week’s assignments:

From the Monday lesson plan for 5th grade:
“…I have a group of extremely active students who lack self control and common sense. Nice but immature”
Ugh!!!

Tuesday lesson plan for 3rd grade:
09:15 morning recess duty
01:15 afternoon recess duty
02:35 bus duty (…in the rain as it turned out)
…grrrrr! Karma!!

Friday lesson plan for 5th grade (same class as Monday):
09:15 to 10:00 – Ms. I will conduct the Cornerstone reading lesson. You have this time off, enjoy!

11:15 to 12:00 – Science prep, Ms. H will conduct science lesson and then dismiss the class for lunch. You have this time off, enjoy! (This means an 85 minute lunch “hour” for me!!)

This was the first time I’ve ever encountered two, free time “prep” periods for the same class. I think the teacher was feeling sorry for leaving me with “students who lack self control and common sense…”

3 comments:

Billie's Mummy said...

Sounds like you had an interesting week!

The MAN Fan Club said...

A break in February? Ours is March 16-20th. Guess that is why it is called Spring Break.

KauaiMark said...

Locally it's known as "Ski Week". The Tahoe resorts clean up...if they have snow.