Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Spring Get Away Friday …

Easter break for the two school districts here starts this Friday.

I know, I know, it’s all been re-PCified to call it “Spring break”, “Spring Bunny”, and “just Friday before Spring break” But, that’s neither here nor there.

One of the unintended perks of substitute teaching is the extended break surrounding the official breaks during the year.

Understandably, the days before and after the actual break are usually pretty bleak for subbing assignments.

There’s probably something in the union contract about requiring a Dr’s note if a teacher calls in sick the day before or after a scheduled school break. I don’t really know but the slowdown of calls around the break week is noticeable.

This means that I have only one day of work this week lined up for tomorrow. I don’t expect to have an assignment on the Thursday before “Good Friday”.

…or as it’s now known, “Spring Get Away Friday”.

Late afternoon update: “…I don’t expect to have an assignment on Thursday…”
Two teachers called me this afternoon to sub for them on Thursday so I guess that blows THAT theory.

No comments: