Search This Blog

Monday, May 15, 2006

Bait-N-Switch...

OG24-G5

My 4th grade assignment for today was arranged last month. It’s in a newer school where everything still works. I was on time, ready to go and about to receive the keys and attendance list from the office secretary when the phone rang.

“Yes, he’s here in the office right now.” (Silence, facial expressions, rollie eyes) “So who are we getting to sub for Ms. K’s class today?” …(more silence, more rollie eyes, with a slight grimace)…) “Ok, I’ll ask”

“Mr. P? The sub coordinator needs you over at (the school of the perpetually broken A/C and wild kids -- my description-- elementary) instead of here today”.

I must have had that “deer in the headlights” look, as I didn’t immediately answer.

“It’s for a half day assignment”

Now I must have switched to the “ARE YOU KIDDING ME??” look.

Give up a full day pay assignment for a last minute, half day pay assignment at the school of perpetual migraine?

“She says they’ll pay you for a full day if you agree”.

DEAL!

No comments: