Search This Blog


Friday, February 17, 2006

What's the Opposite of No Lesson Plan?...


What’s the opposite of “no lesson plan”? How about too many plans?

I’m back at the country club school in a different 3rd grade class, I picked up the class folder at the office to find a set of “extra lesson plans!” inserted.

In the class room there are instructions to locate the file box with not one but two large lettered signs labeled: “Canned Substitute Lesson Plans!” The box contains an entire year of pre-canned plans to use. Instructions were simply locate the current week/day number and go for it.

After I located the week #7 set, I wasn’t too happy since they were pretty vague about where I was to find the materials and books referenced.

It was then that I spotted a table in the back of the room with a large sign labeled: “Substitute Teachers Desk!” where there was a personal note from the teacher and yet a different lesson plan for today.

This is the one I was what I was expecting, so we returned the “canned set” to its’ proper file and started our day.

This was, once again, the easy day with a good group of kids.

The schools are out this next week for winter break, so I’ll have more time for the eBay auction business.

No comments: