Search This Blog

Thursday, September 30, 2004

Got called at 8:30am to do a 7:30am Kindergarten in the South County area this morning.

I returned the call to the office to say I could'nt get there until 09:00am if they still wanted me.
"Sure, no problem" was the response.

I had 20 little munchkins. All really pretty good kids. Didn't lose any of them this time.

Even had the "THE PRINCIPAL" of the school drop in to see how things were going. I guess I was doing "ok" because he didn't fire me. I guess he hadn't heard about my losing 4 kids at the last school down the road where I was last Thurs.

The teacher I was subbing for showed up for the last 15 mins of the class. I let her take over the last activity of the day. She has a much better command of the kids than I do. This was an easy day for a change.

So........I get to "work" an hour and a half after the start of the school day, work 3 1/2 hours (till 12:30am) for "full day credit" and my employer actually says "Thank you so much!!" when I leave.

You know, I could get used to this job if it wasn't for the low pay and the uncertain work schedual.

....Mark

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just testing the "post a comment" link